Reading Log 9
Summary of Chapter 15 of the Silver Chair.
The children, the prince, and the puddleglum escaped from the dark tunnel. It was Narnia where they arrived and the festival was in full swing. They recognized the prince and had dinner together. While the children were asleep in tiredness, the prince told them all about his experiences.
Comprehension Questions of Chapter 15 The Disappearance of Jill
- What happened to Jill from her friends’ viewpoint? What did they feel like when Jill disappeared?
- They thought Jill disappeared. Puddleglum blamed himself and the Prince felt sad and shameful.
2. What had really happened to Jill?
- Jill was so happy. Because she saw many creatures and the light of the moon. She may think they could escape that tunnel. Suddenly, she got a snowball. After spitting it out, she asked them to help us!
3. Why didn’t Jill know whether to laugh or cry?
- She was so happy to see her friend, but his face was so dirty and he had a sword in his right hand and was swinging madly at those who came near him.
4. Why didn’t anyone doubt who Prince Rilian was?
- There were countless creatures that remembered the prince before he was enchanted. The older of them remembered the image of King Caspian when he was young and found similarities in the prince.
5. What did Prince Rilian talk about while the
children slept? What did it mean?
- While the children were sleeping, the prince told them all the adventures he had. They also knew about the witch’s plan. Through the witch’s plan, They thought she was similar to the witch who brought winter to Narnia a long time ago. So it means that Evil always exists. They just were different ways of achieving their goals.
Comprehension Questions 10 of Tuesday with Morry.
- What was the newest addition to Morrie’s house
when Mitch arrived for his fourth Tuesday? How
did Mitch react to it?
- there was an oxygen machine. He hated it and he tried not to look at it as Morrie spoke.
2. What you think Morrie meant by his aphorism,
“Once you learn how to die, you learn how to
- If we realize death, we will also realize how our time is so important. So, we are not going to spare the time we have. We will make a plan to live well and act wisely. In addition, We may find the meaning of life through deep thought about death by considering what the best way is to stay in real life. I especially agree with the sentence that “ You strip away all that stuff and you focus on the essentials. When you realize you are going to die, you see everything much differently.”
3. How did Morrie apply the idea “if you accept that you can die at any time” to Mitch’s life?
- He said Mitch may be interested in spiritual things instead of something he is doing right now. The thing we accept naturally will be grateful every time like the window he mentioned.
4. Who were Rob and Jon? How did they assist
Morrie when they visited on Sunday?
- Rob and Jon was the son of Morrie. They write a reply down instead of Morrie.